Moonlight in Duino
It is difficult to look at the moon when you wear glasses. Moonlight reflects in your lenses. It is hard to explain, it is like rain drops stuck in your lenses but instead of water drops you get light rays… Well if you wear glasses and look at the moon you will understand what I am saying, or maybe my glasses aren’t alright. And by the way taking off your glasses it is not a good idea, and the reason is obvious.
However, I was just watching the moon and several memories came to my mind. One of my memories doesn’t have a specific date and time, it probably is because it happened so many times. It has a place though and that place is Palazzine backyard. Palazzine is the name of the house where I lived for two years before coming to USA. Well, Palazzine backyard was not a helluva garden. It lacked grass and sometimes it stunk badly.
The memory I got has varying factors; sometimes it was cold, sometimes hot; sometimes the sky was cloudy and sometimes it was clear. Anyway, this memory is about the many times I went to Palazzine backyard seeking for rest, trying to clear my mind and relax. Sometimes I would light up a cigarette and sometimes I will not. But the moon will still be there.
I know that wherever you are the moon will always be the same moon, but not in Duino! Duino just had something different. Then suddenly, while thinking about all this, I found myself sitting on Palazzine backyard stone fence. I almost believed I was back there but it was just my imagination.
Aware again of where I was I thought “Damn, I miss standing beneath the moon magic light in Duino”. And the truth is that I miss it even more when I think about standing beneath it with my Principessa! Getting some moonburn together at home sweet home!

1 Comments:
i had exactly the same thoughts about the moon and the garden...
finding your blog was... hmm... a surprise and i knew nothing about it until today. i know you can keep secrets well, but never knew you were this good:)
Post a Comment
<< Home